Friday, July 10, 2015

Shooting Star Canvas

(Momma writing) - Joseph did a canvas that I wanted to share on "his" crafty blog (not mine) and when I came out to find it, I realized how long it's been since he's posted anything.  And I need to update the side bar...it says he's SEVEN and he's actually now ELEVEN years old!!!

So he asked me this weekend if he could do a "Messy Collage"....of course, I said yes, but then had to move all my "in progress" work so he could play.

He started with a big background piece from a corrugated box.  He added dress pattern tissue paper and then added mists - He chose Red, White and Blue since it was 4th of July weekend.  At this point, I told him "Hey, this will work for Frosted Designs challenge this week" which is Red, White, blue and something old and something new.

He asked me to teach him how to use a stencil, so I did (that is his something new), you can see it's the honeycomb pattern in white.  He added yellow paint and some inks and then just started grabbing stuff off my table and saying "can i use this?"....  that is his "old" (all my old junk/random pieces).

He decided it looked like a shooting star, although that's not what he was "going for".... just how it ended up. This took him about 3 days to complete (due to drying time between layers) --  Thanks for giving him love on his project.




4 comments:

  1. Wonderful Canvas. I love the colors and texture. A work of art. Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs. I hope to see more of your work in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ROCKED it Joseph!!!!!! So AWESOME!!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Love your canvas!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic canvas project Joseph! Totally awesome details. Thanks for playing along with us on Frosted Designs Blog Challenge!

    ReplyDelete